Quantcast

[Salix-main] xbattbar-acpi

Tim Beech
I've made packages for 14.1 for xbattbar-acpi, a minimalist battery
monitor intended for tiling WMs (I'm not sure whether it works with
xfce).

The only thing is, it hasn't really been tested, though I'm fairly
confident it will work.

If anyone is running 14.1 on a laptop with a battery, I'd be very
grateful if you could give it a try. To do so with ratpoison, just
install the latter (it's already in the repositories) and select it
temporarily with xwmconfig or gdm.

Here are links to the packages, including its dependencies, libacpi and
xosd:

http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/libacpi/0.2/libacpi-0.2-i486-1tjb.txz
http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/xosd/2.2.14/xosd-2.2.14-i486-1tjb.txz
http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/xbattbar-acpi/0.4.0/xbattbar-acpi-0.4.0-i486-1tjb.txz

http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/libacpi/0.2/libacpi-0.2-x86_64-1tjb.txz
http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/xosd/2.2.14/xosd-2.2.14-x86_64-1tjb.txz
http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/xbattbar-acpi/0.4.0/xbattbar-acpi-0.4.0-x86_64-1tjb.txz

To run xbattbar-acpi, I found in the past I needed to call it with -a
(always on top) otherwise it keeps getting obliterated by things opening
over it; to keep it, you could call it in your .xinitrc.

Thanks,

Tim / mimosa