[Salix-main] wxGTK2 package

George Vlahavas
I noticed earlier that our wxGTK2 package conflicts with our wxGTK
package. So I rebuilt the wxGTK2 with a patch to solve that conflict
(sorry Rich, you weren't around and I had to get to the bottom of this).
The patch, along with all other source files are in the repos now:
http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.2/source/l/wxGTK2/

However, this changes how packages that require wxGTK2, instead of wxGTK,
should be built. /usr/bin/wx-config now belongs to the wxGTK package, and
/usr/bin/wx-config-2.8 is the one that comes with the wxGTK2 package. So,
if you're trying to build something that requires wxGTK2, you'll have to
run configure with something like:
--with-wx-config=/usr/bin/wx-config-2.8.

Or, if there is no such option, use:
export WX_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/bin/wx-config-2.8

before running configure.

Re: [Salix-main] wxGTK2 package

Dimitris Tzemos-3
  /usr/bin/wx-config is a link to the package which installed last.

e.g.

/usr/bin/wx-config -> /usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk3-unicode-3.0 is a link to
that path.

or

/usr/bin/wx-config -> /usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

another option is if someone want to build a package that requires
wxgtk2 or wxgtk3 package is to change the link or reinstall the package. :-)

without to use the with-wx-config.

Dimitris

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016, Dimitris Tzemos wrote:

>  /usr/bin/wx-config is a link to the package which installed last.
>
> e.g.
>
> /usr/bin/wx-config -> /usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk3-unicode-3.0 is a link to
> that path.
>
> or
>
> /usr/bin/wx-config -> /usr/lib64/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8
>
> another option is if someone want to build a package that requires
> wxgtk2 or wxgtk3 package is to change the link or reinstall the package. :-)
>
> without to use the with-wx-config.

No, that was with the old wxGTK2 package and was only one of the
conflicts. There were other conflicting files as well. Here's the output
of spkg when installing the old wxGTK2 over wxGTK:

WARNING: File already exist usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4 (it will be
replaced)
WARNING: File already exist usr/share/bakefile/presets/wx.bkl (it will be
replaced)
WARNING: File already exist usr/share/bakefile/presets/wx_unix.bkl (it
will be replaced)
WARNING: File already exist usr/share/bakefile/presets/wx_win32.bkl (it
will be replaced)

With the new package, there are no conflicts anymore. /usr/bin/wx-config
always points to gtk3-unicode-3.0.