[Salix-main] spi --show option

George Vlahavas
I have just added a --show option in spi. It just combines the output of
slapt-get --show and slapt-src --show. The one thing it does a bit better
is that it provides coloured output and makes it easier to separate
multiple packages when running it like:
spi --show package1 slackbuild1 package2 ...
while it also makes it very clear when you provide it with a name that
doesn't exist.

Anyway, the code is in git for now.
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/spi/

There is a new string that needs to be
translated, it's for the --help text. I'll provide an updated package in a
few days when at least a few translations will be updated.

You can translate the extra string in transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/spi/

Thanks!

Re: [Salix-main] spi --show option

Tim Beech
Working well here. Would it be worth actually having some message saying
"No such package in the repos"?

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:

> I have just added a --show option in spi. It just combines the output of
> slapt-get --show and slapt-src --show. The one thing it does a bit better
> is that it provides coloured output and makes it easier to separate
> multiple packages when running it like:
> spi --show package1 slackbuild1 package2 ...
> while it also makes it very clear when you provide it with a name that
> doesn't exist.
>
> Anyway, the code is in git for now.
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/spi/
>
> There is a new string that needs to be
> translated, it's for the --help text. I'll provide an updated package in a
> few days when at least a few translations will be updated.
>
> You can translate the extra string in transifex:
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/spi/
>
> Thanks!

Re: [Salix-main] spi --show option

George Vlahavas
But there is already such a message, isn't there?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:

> But there is already such a message, isn't there?
  If I do

  spi --show nonsense-package

  the output is

                nonsense-package

I just think something a bit more informative would be nice.

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2013, tim.beech wrote:
>
>> Working well here. Would it be worth actually having some message saying
>> "No such package in the repos"?

Re: [Salix-main] spi --show option

George Vlahavas
Weird. This is what you should be getting (at least that's what I'm
getting:

$ ./spi --show nonsense
No such package or SlackBuild: nonsense

Maybe it's because the "No such package" part is coloured in red?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, tim.beech wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:
>
>> But there is already such a message, isn't there?
>  If I do
>
>  spi --show nonsense-package
>
>  the output is
>
>                nonsense-package
>
> I just think something a bit more informative would be nice.
>

>> On Fri, 6 Dec 2013, tim.beech wrote:
>>
>>> Working well here. Would it be worth actually having some message saying
>>> "No such package in the repos"?

Re: [Salix-main] spi --show option

Tim Beech
Thought of that but sending the output to a file and displaying it with
cat did the same.

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Weird. This is what you should be getting (at least that's what I'm
> getting:
>
> $ ./spi --show nonsense
> No such package or SlackBuild: nonsense
>
> Maybe it's because the "No such package" part is coloured in red?
>
> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, tim.beech wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:
>>
>>> But there is already such a message, isn't there?
>>  If I do
>>
>>  spi --show nonsense-package
>>
>>  the output is
>>
>>                nonsense-package
>>
>> I just think something a bit more informative would be nice.

Re: [Salix-main] spi --show option

George Vlahavas
Tim, can you remove the string_red part from line 353 (along
with corresponding parentheses) and see what happens?

Alternatively also try with the -n switch too: spi -n --show nonsense

What terminal are you using?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Tim, can you remove the string_red part from line 353 (along
> with corresponding parentheses) and see what happens?

It was the red thing. I'm going to get myself a new monitor in the
January sales ;)

> Alternatively also try with the -n switch too: spi -n --show nonsense
>
> What terminal are you using?

st (simple terminal from suckless)