[Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Dimitris Tzemos
Can anyone confirm this please?
If someone has a installation of salix-xfce alpha1 32 or 64 bit in a
system having also other partitions and have upgrade the system so
latest polkit-0.113-x86_64-2 or polkit-0.113-i586-2 has been installed
and also js185 is installed then try to mount as user any partition.
Then a message will appear "not authorized to perform this action"
something.

Then If so add the following file in
/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules

##49-nopasswd_global.rules
/* Allow members of the wheel group to execute any actions
  * without password authentication, similar to "sudo NOPASSWD:"
  */
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
     if (subject.isInGroup("wheel")) {
         return polkit.Result.YES;
     }
});

Reboot the system and try again to mount the partition within file manager.

Thanks

Re: [Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Dimitris Tzemos-3
Even better. To be able any user ( not only superuser, the first created
user) to mount partitions it is better to add the user to polkitd group
in /etc/group file
and change the file in /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules as
follows.

/* Allow members of the wheel group to execute any actions
   * without password authentication, similar to "sudo NOPASSWD:"
   */
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
      if (subject.isInGroup("polkitd")) {
          return polkit.Result.YES;
      }
});

On 31/03/2016 03:08 μμ, Dimitris Tzemos wrote:

> Can anyone confirm this please?
> If someone has a installation of salix-xfce alpha1 32 or 64 bit in a
> system having also other partitions and have upgrade the system so
> latest polkit-0.113-x86_64-2 or polkit-0.113-i586-2 has been installed
> and also js185 is installed then try to mount as user any partition.
> Then a message will appear "not authorized to perform this action"
> something.
>
> Then If so add the following file in
> /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules
>
> ##49-nopasswd_global.rules
> /* Allow members of the wheel group to execute any actions
>    * without password authentication, similar to "sudo NOPASSWD:"
>    */
> polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
>       if (subject.isInGroup("wheel")) {
>           return polkit.Result.YES;
>       }
> });
>

> Reboot the system and try again to mount the partition within file manager.
>
> Thanks

Re: [Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Tim Beech
It doesn't work here, but I'm using a chroot install (32-bit), so maybe that's
why.

Re: [Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Dimitris Tzemos
Did you create the file /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules
reboot and still dont work ?

On 31/03/2016 05:04 μμ, tim.beech wrote:

> It doesn't work here, but I'm using a chroot install (32-bit), so maybe that's
> why.

Re: [Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Tim Beech
Sorry, I didn't see this - yes, I followed all the instructions. But as I said, it was a chroot install, so maybe that had something to do with it.

On 31 March 2016 at 15:18, Dimitris Tzemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you create the file /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules
reboot and still dont work ?

On 31/03/2016 05:04 μμ, tim.beech wrote:
> It doesn't work here, but I'm using a chroot install (32-bit), so maybe that's
> why.

Re: [Salix-main] polkit-0.113

Dimitris Tzemos-3
OK. This will be a problem with salix-xfce beta1 so someone else has to check it also. They have to have the same problem.

On 02/04/2016 01:14 μμ, Tim Beech wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see this - yes, I followed all the instructions. But as I said, it was a chroot install, so maybe that had something to do with it.

On 31 March 2016 at 15:18, Dimitris Tzemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you create the file /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/49-nopasswd_global.rules
reboot and still dont work ?

On 31/03/2016 05:04 μμ, tim.beech wrote:
> It doesn't work here, but I'm using a chroot install (32-bit), so maybe that's
> why.

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.