[Salix-main] pkgdepcheck

Tim Beech
This is a script I've made to help with packaging:

http://people.salixos.org/mimosa/packages/pkgdepcheck/0.1/

Just download the files to a directory, ensure pkgdepcheck, src.sh and
install.sh are all executable, and run the latter as root.

Alternatively, just put pkgdepcheck somewhere in your $PATH, and src.sh in
/usr/libexec/pkgdepcheck.

This script uses some code from fredg's pkgtxt2db.

pkgdepcheck -h gives a rundown of the options, but the main ones are:

-p to give information on a particular package

-D to check the repos for needed but unpackaged items

-P outputs packages by a particular packager

-d downloads source and package files from the previous Salix version;
-ns and -np switches not to include source or package files, respectively

You can also change the mirror, and examine repositories other than the
defaults - 14.0 and 14.1

Bug reports or feature requests will both be welcomed.

Re: [Salix-main] pkgdepcheck

Tim Beech
Oh, I forgot to mention: it depends on

python-parsepkgtxt

which is available from the 14.0 and 14.1 repositories.