[Salix-main] people.salixos.org migration

[Salix-main] people.salixos.org migration

we are in the process of moving the people.salixos.org site to a new
server. All files that are currently there will be transferred and
accounts will be recreated in the new server. Anything you might upload
from this moment on, might not make it to the new server though. So, if
you have something to upload, please wait until the migration has been
completed. That should probably be done by tomorrow night. I'll send
another mail when everything is up and running.

[Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Akuna
Hi guys,

As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution, I
won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.

I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you much
earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other things I had
to move. But if any of you are still using salixos mail could you please
backup any of your personal mail from the IMAP server, and give me a
forwarding address for the new mail who will arrive after the server is off?

I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably at
the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by then,
and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.

Thanks,

:)

Pierrick

Re: [Salix-main] people.salixos.org migration

The migration is now complete. people.salixos.org now points to the new
server. Maybe you'll need to refresh your browser cache to get to the new
site.

In order to connect with sftp to upload files, you should now use port 22,
not port 5821 as it was with the old server. All keys have been
transferred so you'll be able to connect without any password.

If you encounter any problems, please notify me.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are in the process of moving the people.salixos.org site to a new server.
> All files that are currently there will be transferred and accounts will be
> recreated in the new server. Anything you might upload from this moment on,
> might not make it to the new server though. So, if you have something to
> upload, please wait until the migration has been completed. That should
> probably be done by tomorrow night. I'll send another mail when everything is
> up and running.

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Dimitris Tzemos
Hi, akuna.
How are you? :-)
My email address is [hidden email]

Greetings from Greece
Dimitris

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:23:05 +0200
Akuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution, I
> won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
> What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.
>
> I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you
> much earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other things
> I had to move. But if any of you are still using salixos mail could
> you please backup any of your personal mail from the IMAP server, and
> give me a forwarding address for the new mail who will arrive after
> the server is off?
>
> I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably at
> the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by
> then, and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> :)
>
> Pierrick

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Cyrille Pontvieux
Le 2014-07-23 21:23, Akuna a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution, I
> won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
> What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.
>
> I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you much
> earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other things I had
> to move. But if any of you are still using salixos mail could you please
> backup any of your personal mail from the IMAP server, and give me a
> forwarding address for the new mail who will arrive after the server is off?
>
> I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably at
> the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by then,
> and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> :)
>
> Pierrick

Hi Pierrick !
If you could forward it to [hidden email] it's ok. But I think it's already
the case so you can just drop my imap account :)
Hope all is good for you and your family :)

See you
Cyrille

Re: [Salix-main] people.salixos.org migration

Cyrille Pontvieux-2
Le 2014-07-23 22:27, George Vlahavas a écrit :

> The migration is now complete. people.salixos.org now points to the new
> server. Maybe you'll need to refresh your browser cache to get to the new
> site.
>
> In order to connect with sftp to upload files, you should now use port 22,
> not port 5821 as it was with the old server. All keys have been
> transferred so you'll be able to connect without any password.
>
> If you encounter any problems, please notify me.

Works like a charm !!

Thx for this smooth migration !

Cyrille

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Richard Lapointe
Hi Pierrick,

Please forward mine to [hidden email]

Thanks
Richard Lapointe

Sent from my Windows Phone

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Akuna
Hi Richard,

Done this morning. Allow a little time for propagation.

Have a good day,

Pierrick

http://p.sf.net/sfu/bds

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Akuna
Hi Dimitris,

Done too !

I'm fine, quite busy with new http://mossieur-ballon.com website +
preparation for one of my daughter's marriage...

See you soon.

:)

Pierrick

Le 24/07/2014 06:37, Dimitris Tzemos a écrit :

> Hi, akuna.
> How are you? :-)
> My email address is [hidden email]
>
> Greetings from Greece
> Dimitris
>

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:23:05 +0200
> Akuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution, I
>> won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
>> What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.
>>
>> I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you
>> much earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other things
>> I had to move. But if any of you are still using salixos mail could
>> you please backup any of your personal mail from the IMAP server, and
>> give me a forwarding address for the new mail who will arrive after
>> the server is off?
>>
>> I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably at
>> the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by
>> then, and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Pierrick

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Richard Lapointe
Congratulations on your daughter's marriage

Richard Lapointe
Sent from my Windows Phone

preparation for one of my daughter's marriage...

See you soon.

:)

Pierrick

Le 24/07/2014 06:37, Dimitris Tzemos a écrit :

> Hi, akuna.
> How are you? :-)
> My email address is [hidden email]
>
> Greetings from Greece
> Dimitris
>

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:23:05 +0200
> Akuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution, I
>> won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
>> What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.
>>
>> I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you
>> much earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other things
>> I had to move. But if any of you are still using salixos mail could
>> you please backup any of your personal mail from the IMAP server, and
>> give me a forwarding address for the new mail who will arrive after
>> the server is off?
>>
>> I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably at
>> the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by
>> then, and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Pierrick

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Dimitris Tzemos-3
My friend Akuna. Congratulations on your daughter's marriage
:-)
Dimitris

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 08:44:41 +0200
Akuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> Done too !
>
> I'm fine, quite busy with new http://mossieur-ballon.com website +
> preparation for one of my daughter's marriage...
>
> See you soon.
>
> :)
>
> Pierrick
>
> Le 24/07/2014 06:37, Dimitris Tzemos a écrit :
> > Hi, akuna.
> > How are you? :-)
> > My email address is [hidden email]
> >
> > Greetings from Greece
> > Dimitris
> >

> > On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:23:05 +0200
> > Akuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> As I'm closing down my old server and moving to a hosted solution,
> >> I won't be able to manage salixos mail anymore.
> >> What I can do on the other hand is setup a forwarding service.
> >>
> >> I realize this is a bit of a short notice as I meant to write you
> >> much earlier but somehow it escaped my mind with all the other
> >> things I had to move. But if any of you are still using salixos
> >> mail could you please backup any of your personal mail from the
> >> IMAP server, and give me a forwarding address for the new mail who
> >> will arrive after the server is off?
> >>
> >> I should close the server before the end of this month, preferably
> >> at the beginning of next week. So if you could back up your mail by
> >> then, and give me your new forwarding address, it would be great.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> :)
> >>
> >> Pierrick

Re: [Salix-main] salixos.org mail will be discontinued

Akuna
Thank you very much !

It's fun to see how the wheel turns so perfectly.

:)