[Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk

George Vlahavas
I'm considering removing these from the iso.

Does anybody ever use these? Personally, I have never done so and I can't
remember the last time I found a wireless card with no working linux
driver, so I don't see the point of keeping them in the default
installation.

Re: [Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk

Tim Beech
I've never used them, but have needed to do a kernel upgrade for that
reason more than once. I don't know how these tools work, but the only
reason I can see for keeping them is if they provide a way round the
bootstrap problem that entails (because you have to download something,
but have no connection).

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:

> I'm considering removing these from the iso.
>
> Does anybody ever use these? Personally, I have never done so and I can't
> remember the last time I found a wireless card with no working linux
> driver, so I don't see the point of keeping them in the default
> installation.

Re: [Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk

Dimitris Tzemos
I also don't use them. And also to use them have to find the windows
driver. Last time in the salix-14.1 mate i preferred to upgrade the
kernel to have wifi in my laptop.

On 22/03/2016 02:44 μμ, George Vlahavas wrote:

> I'm considering removing these from the iso.
>
> Does anybody ever use these? Personally, I have never done so and I can't
> remember the last time I found a wireless card with no working linux
> driver, so I don't see the point of keeping them in the default
> installation.

Re: [Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk

tsuren Tsuchiya
I've never used them myself either. In any case, if these pacakges are needed, there are always a way to download them with a physical cable. so i am for removing these pacakges.

> To: [hidden email]

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:05:54 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk
>
> I also don't use them. And also to use them have to find the windows
> driver. Last time in the salix-14.1 mate i preferred to upgrade the
> kernel to have wifi in my laptop.
>

> On 22/03/2016 02:44 μμ, George Vlahavas wrote:
> > I'm considering removing these from the iso.
> >
> > Does anybody ever use these? Personally, I have never done so and I can't
> > remember the last time I found a wireless card with no working linux
> > driver, so I don't see the point of keeping them in the default
> > installation.

Re: [Salix-main] ndiswrapper and ndisgtk

Thorsten M.-2
Am 22.03.2016 21:15 schrieb tsuren Tsuchiya:
> I've never used them myself either. In any case, if these pacakges are
> needed, there are always a way to download them with a physical cable.
> so i am for removing these pacakges.

Same here and I agree :)