Quantcast

[Salix-main] gnsu and spi

George Vlahavas
I'm back!

While I was away, I had my netbook with me and although most of the time I
had no internet access, I managed to do some work on gnsu and spi. All my
changes are now pushed to github and I have uploaded new packages in the
14.1 repos.

In gnsu, I stopped using yad and wrote my own password-asking dialog in
pygtk. This means one less dependency (since pygtk is installed anyway)
and also has some advantages over using yad (or matedialogs or anything
similar), like not having to manually wrap the strings. I also wrote a
man page, a proper Makefile and cleaned up some
bits. I also enabled translations and I got the translated string from our
ktsuss-l10n project on transifex, so it is already translated in most
languages. The only translations I'm not sure of are Hebrew and Japanese.
That's because I had to remove the manual wrapping with "\n" that we had
in ktsuss and replace it with a space character and I'm not sure the
resulting strings make sense that way in those languages. Other languages
should be OK, but you can check out the strings in the transifex resource
I set up:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/gnsu/

In spi, I added a --simulate option. Sorry Tim, I didn't use your code,
I think my way is cleaner. Note that -s is short for --simulate now, not
--search, since search is the default action anyway. It would be nice if
more people tested this.

The man page was also
updated and I made the project translatable. You can translate it at
transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/salix/resource/spi/

Packages for gnsu-0.1 and spi-0.1 are in the repos now and should be in a
mirror near you soon.

Thanks!

Re: [Salix-main] gnsu and spi

Tim Beech
> In spi, I added a --simulate option. Sorry Tim, I didn't use your code,
> I think my way is cleaner. Note that -s is short for --simulate now, not
> --search, since search is the default action anyway. It would be nice if
> more people tested this.

Looking good here. Obviously, slapt-getrc needs to be manually edited to
point at 14.0 for the script to register any slackbuilds.

I couldn't actually make my stock test work - spi -is xmonad on a system
with no haskell stuff - because for some reason, although ghc (the
Haskell compiler) appears on searching at slackbuilds.org, slapt-src
--search ghc turns up nothing. But it works just the same on a 14.0
system. Your script spits out the many dependencies in a different and
more logical order.

Tim

Re: [Salix-main] gnsu and spi

George Vlahavas

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, tim.beech wrote:

>> In spi, I added a --simulate option. Sorry Tim, I didn't use your code,
>> I think my way is cleaner. Note that -s is short for --simulate now, not
>> --search, since search is the default action anyway. It would be nice if
>> more people tested this.
>
> Looking good here. Obviously, slapt-getrc needs to be manually edited to
> point at 14.0 for the script to register any slackbuilds.

You probably mean slapt-srcrc, but yes. I'll look into mirroring the
sbo-14.1 repo tomorrow and creating a minimal slkbuild-14.1 repo so that
slapt-src works.

> I couldn't actually make my stock test work - spi -is xmonad on a system
> with no haskell stuff - because for some reason, although ghc (the
> Haskell compiler) appears on searching at slackbuilds.org, slapt-src
> --search ghc turns up nothing. But it works just the same on a 14.0
> system. Your script spits out the many dependencies in a different and
> more logical order.

That's probably because I'm removing from our copy of the sbo repo all
packages that we have packaged in our binary package repos. Since we have
a ghc package in 14.0, it doesn't show up in our sbo-14.0 repo. This will
be fixed once we have an sbo-14.1 repo too.

Re: [Salix-main] gnsu and spi

Tim Beech
> You probably mean slapt-srcrc, but yes.
I did.

> That's probably because I'm removing from our copy of the sbo repo all
> packages that we have packaged in our binary package repos
Thought it might be something like that
> a ghc package in 14.0, it doesn't show up in our sbo-14.0 repo. This will
> be fixed once we have an sbo-14.1 repo too.

I am working on the ghc package for 14.1 ;)