[Salix-main] forum down

Tim Beech
... and according to someone in the jabber room wiki too - I haven't
looked. This was reported there five hours ago.

mimosa

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

Dave Cantrell
On 11/19/2013 03:05 PM, tim.beech wrote:
> ... and according to someone in the jabber room wiki too - I haven't
> looked. This was reported there five hours ago.

As of 1 minute ago (see the date/time stamp of this posting if you
really care for precision :). it was still down (for me) with a 502 bad
gateway error

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

thenktor
Hi,

I've got bad news: I'm sure we have some hardware problems again. It seems one of the disks in the RAID1 is broken, but also the RAID array itself got damaged. I hope I can fix this.

From dmesg:
[  650.903825] ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen
[  650.903831] ata1.00: failed command: FLUSH CACHE EXT
[  650.903839] ata1.00: cmd ea/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/a0 tag 0
[  650.903840]          res 40/00:01:01:4f:c2/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
[  650.903844] ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
[  650.903853] ata1.00: hard resetting link
[  651.208265] ata1.01: hard resetting link
[  653.395047] ata1.00: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 300)
[  653.395060] ata1.01: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
[  654.293086] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
[  654.293092] ata1.00: retrying FLUSH 0xea Emask 0x4
[  654.293374] ata1: EH complete

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

thenktor
> I've got bad news: I'm sure we have some hardware problems again. It seems one of the disks in the RAID1 is broken, but also the RAID array itself got damaged. I hope I can fix this.

We'll get a new hard disk soon.

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

thenktor
> We'll get a new hard disk soon.

The broken hard disk was exchanged yesterday and the hardware seems to be ok again (disk performance is up to normal). I also could reassemble the RAID1 and the server is running again.
But the mysql databses have been corrupted during the disk failure and I could not repair them. So I had to delete all databses and recover them from our backups. Wiki seems to be OK again, but forum still has problems. It may take a while until everything has been fixed.

Thanks for your patience
Thorsten

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

thenktor
Hopefully everything works again:
http://forum.salixos.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4997

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

Tim Beech
Thanks for getting on top of this so quickly! Everything looks good from
here :)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Thorsten Mühlfelder wrote:

> Hopefully everything works again:
> http://forum.salixos.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4997
>
> --
> Thorsten Mühlfelder
> Salix OS: www.salixos.org

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

Wow, all the bad things happen when I'm away...

Thanks Thorsten for everything. Can you check if rsync is working on
the server? I'm not sure the iptables rules survived the reboot and I
have no way of checking. I'm currently connecting through a network
that only allows http connections.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Thorsten Mühlfelder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hopefully everything works again:
> http://forum.salixos.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4997
>
> --
> Thorsten Mühlfelder
> Salix OS: www.salixos.org

Re: [Salix-main] forum down

thenktor
> I'm not sure the iptables rules survived the reboot and I
> have no way of checking. I'm currently connecting through a network
> that only allows http connections.

I've opened the rsync port in the firewall and I can sync files with:
rsync -a --del salixos.org::salix salixtest

Thorsten