[Salix-main] Translations for the installer

[Salix-main] Translations for the installer

George Vlahavas
If you remember the announcement for the 14.2alpha, it included a note
that we're working on translating the installer. The work is based off
Didier Spaier's effort to translate the Slackware installer.

The past few days I have been polishing the code and cleaning the strings
to be translated. I think the installer is now ready to receive your
translations. I have created a resource in our transifex project page for
it:
https://www.transifex.com/gapan/salix/salix-installer/

Most languages are at 56% right now. These are the strings in our
installer that exactly match the respective strings in the Slackware
installer.

However, I have also updated the po files here:
http://people.salixos.org/gapan/salix-installer-po/

The reason is that Transifex removes fuzzy translations. But, there are a
several strings that are marked as fuzzy, but at least for greek which I
have checked, are correct translations and only need to be unmarked.
Others of course, are not. That's why greek is at 66% now. So, you may
probably want to start by downloading the .po file for your language and
work with the fuzzy strings first. Once you're done, you can upload that
to transifex. It's an easy way to get through a lot of strings fast.

Right now most languages have about 45 fuzzy strings and 120 untranslated
strings, so it's still some work until everything is at 100%.

If you intend to work on a new language, please use the more specific
language code instead of the more generic. For example, for czech, use
cz_CZ, instead of cz. The existing translations are already like that.

It's some work, but we have time until the final release of Salix 14.2
will be out. We're still waiting for Slackware to release its 14.2, so I'm
guessing at least 1 month for us, maybe 2.

Let's try to have complete translations for as many languages as possible!
Thank you in advance for your work!

Re: [Salix-main] Translations for the installer

George Vlahavas

On Thu, 26 May 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:

> If you intend to work on a new language, please use the more specific
> language code instead of the more generic. For example, for czech, use cz_CZ,
> instead of cz. The existing translations are already like that.

Actually, forget about this. I have already renamed most existing
translations to use the generic language codes. I have also updated the po
files at:
http://people.salixos.org/gapan/salix-installer-po/

accordingly. So just translate for the language code you've always had.

Re: [Salix-main] Translations for the installer

Dimitris Tzemos-3
I have translate the salix-installer in greek. I have problems using
transifex i even can open the greek file. So George i send the complete
el.po file by email to you.

Dimitris

On 26/05/2016 10:10 μμ, George Vlahavas wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:
>> If you intend to work on a new language, please use the more specific
>> language code instead of the more generic. For example, for czech, use cz_CZ,
>> instead of cz. The existing translations are already like that.
> Actually, forget about this. I have already renamed most existing
> translations to use the generic language codes. I have also updated the po
> files at:
> http://people.salixos.org/gapan/salix-installer-po/
>
> accordingly. So just translate for the language code you've always had.

Re: [Salix-main] Translations for the installer

George Vlahavas
Does anybody else have any problems with transifex?

On Fri, 27 May 2016, Dimitris Tzemos wrote:

> I have translate the salix-installer in greek. I have problems using
> transifex i even can open the greek file. So George i send the complete
> el.po file by email to you.
>
> Dimitris
>

> On 26/05/2016 10:10 μμ, George Vlahavas wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 May 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:
>>> If you intend to work on a new language, please use the more specific
>>> language code instead of the more generic. For example, for czech, use cz_CZ,
>>> instead of cz. The existing translations are already like that.
>> Actually, forget about this. I have already renamed most existing
>> translations to use the generic language codes. I have also updated the po
>> files at:
>> http://people.salixos.org/gapan/salix-installer-po/
>>
>> accordingly. So just translate for the language code you've always had.

Re: [Salix-main] Translations for the installer

Dimitris Tzemos-3

Finally transifex is working for me. So i have just uploaded the greek el.po.

Dimitris

On 27/05/2016 01:59 μμ, George Vlahavas wrote:
[...]

patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e