[Salix-main] Something wrong with the 38.6.1esr-i686-1gv?

[Salix-main] Something wrong with the 38.6.1esr-i686-1gv?

Per Backman

I updated to this from
http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/salix/i486/14.1/

and now I get bash: /usr/bin/firefox: cannot execute binary file

Yes, I did try to update more than once, deleting cached files in
between.

Per B.

--

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

http://www.tufftuff.net
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Re: [Salix-main] Something wrong with the 38.6.1esr-i686-1gv?

George Vlahavas
Oops. Thanks for the report. I have now reverted the package back to
38.6.0 in the repositories. Will investigate what happened later when I'll
have the time.

Until your mirror syncs again, you can use reposetup to select a mirror
that didn't get the 38.6.1 version yet, or you can get it straight from
here:
http://backup.salixos.org/weekly.0/repo/i486/14.1/salix/xap/mozilla-firefox-38.6.0esr-i686-1gv.txz

Thanks again!

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Per Backman wrote:

> I updated to this from
> http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/salix/i486/14.1/
>
> and now I get bash: /usr/bin/firefox: cannot execute binary file
>
> Yes, I did try to update more than once, deleting cached files in
> between.
>
> Per B.
>
> --
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> http://www.tufftuff.net
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Re: [Salix-main] Something wrong with the 38.6.1esr-i686-1gv?

Got it. It was a bad upload. I have uploaded the package again. The new
one is 38.6.1esr-i686-2gv.

Thanks again for spotting this!

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Per Backman wrote:

> I updated to this from
> http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/salix/i486/14.1/
>
> and now I get bash: /usr/bin/firefox: cannot execute binary file
>
> Yes, I did try to update more than once, deleting cached files in
> between.
>
> Per B.
>
> --
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> http://www.tufftuff.net
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Re: [Salix-main] Something wrong with the 38.6.1esr-i686-1gv?

Per Backman
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:20:24 +0200 (EET)
George Vlahavas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it. It was a bad upload. I have uploaded the package again. The
> new one is 38.6.1esr-i686-2gv.
>
> Thanks again for spotting this!
>
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Per Backman wrote:
>

> > I updated to this from
> > http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/salix/i486/14.1/
> >
> > and now I get bash: /usr/bin/firefox: cannot execute binary file
> >
> > Yes, I did try to update more than once, deleting cached files in
> > between.
> >
> > Per B.

I found only 38.6.0 salix.enialis.net, but it works.

I am happy to do something useful at last!

Thanks,

Per B.
--

http://www.tufftuff.net