[Salix-main] Salix installation options

George Vlahavas
Is anyone really using the FTP/NFS/etc installation options in the iso?
They look cool, but I have never used them and I don't think a lot of
people do (if any). I'm thinking of removing them completely, as:
1) they take up space because they need extra software/modules
2) I don't think they are tested at all

Re: [Salix-main] Salix installation options

Richard Lapointe
The only time I use the FTP installer option is when I'm installing
Slackwarearm on my dockstars.  But there, I only download the installer
initrd and kernel, boot them up and run setup to install using the FTP
option. So it doesn't, in my opinion make much sense to have these
options on a full distribution image. You may want to consider having a
separate mini installation image that only gives you a network
installation option although I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Rich (laprjns)

On 12/02/2013 12:39 PM, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Is anyone really using the FTP/NFS/etc installation options in the iso?
> They look cool, but I have never used them and I don't think a lot of
> people do (if any). I'm thinking of removing them completely, as:
> 1) they take up space because they need extra software/modules
> 2) I don't think they are tested at all

Re: [Salix-main] Salix installation options

David Moore
As a just general user and admirer of salix,  I've never found a need to
use the FTP and NFS options for installation. Thanks to the
development team for all excellent work in fashioning this system.

Regards,

Dave Moore