[Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.2beta1

I have prepared isos for Salix Xfce 14.2beta1 release. I haven't uploaded
them to Sourceforge yet, I'll do that tomorrow. The torrents are currently
uploading though and if you want to get the isos, this is the quickest way
to do it now. You'll find them in:
http://people.salixos.org/gapan/iso/

There are too many changes in this release, mostly with respect to the
installer. You now get a menu with language selection at boot, instead of
a boot prompt. Also, in 64bits EFI mode, the isos are booted using elilo
instead of grub. The installer is also translated, though only partially
in most languages for now. The 32bit iso also includes both i586 non-PAE
and i686 PAE kernels.

I'll make the official announcement tomorrow, after I upload the isos to
sourceforge too.

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.2beta1

Tim Beech
Is there a torrent we can download from (and seed to)?

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have prepared isos for Salix Xfce 14.2beta1 release. I haven't uploaded
> them to Sourceforge yet, I'll do that tomorrow. The torrents are currently
> uploading though and if you want to get the isos, this is the quickest way
> to do it now. You'll find them in:
> http://people.salixos.org/gapan/iso/
>
> There are too many changes in this release, mostly with respect to the
> installer. You now get a menu with language selection at boot, instead of
> a boot prompt. Also, in 64bits EFI mode, the isos are booted using elilo
> instead of grub. The installer is also translated, though only partially
> in most languages for now. The 32bit iso also includes both i586 non-PAE
> and i686 PAE kernels.
>
> I'll make the official announcement tomorrow, after I upload the isos to
> sourceforge too.

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.2beta1

George Vlahavas
Hi Tim,

aren't the ones I linked to in my previous email working?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, tim.beech wrote:

> Is there a torrent we can download from (and seed to)?
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have prepared isos for Salix Xfce 14.2beta1 release. I haven't uploaded
>> them to Sourceforge yet, I'll do that tomorrow. The torrents are currently
>> uploading though and if you want to get the isos, this is the quickest way
>> to do it now. You'll find them in:
>> http://people.salixos.org/gapan/iso/
>>
>> There are too many changes in this release, mostly with respect to the
>> installer. You now get a menu with language selection at boot, instead of
>> a boot prompt. Also, in 64bits EFI mode, the isos are booted using elilo
>> instead of grub. The installer is also translated, though only partially
>> in most languages for now. The 32bit iso also includes both i586 non-PAE
>> and i686 PAE kernels.
>>
>> I'll make the official announcement tomorrow, after I upload the isos to
>> sourceforge too.

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.2beta1

Tim Beech

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, George Vlahavas wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> aren't the ones I linked to in my previous email working?
Sorry, I misunderstood - they work fine!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.2beta1

George Vlahavas
And here's the full announcement in the forums:

https://forum.salixos.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6974