[Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.1beta1

George Vlahavas
Hi everyone,

iso images for Salix Xfce 14.1beta1 are now ready, they have not received
much testing. There are a lot of changes since the alpha or the 14.0.1
releases, especially with respect to the installer. I'll go through them
in detail in the forum post that I'm going to do, but it will take a
few hours for that. So here it is:

Salix Xfce 14.1beta1 (32-bit, i686):
(size: 702MB, md5: c2094a13039542f5ef7e3ccab394f73a)
Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix-xfce-14.1beta1.iso/download
Torrent:
http://download.salixos.org/i486/14.1/iso/salix-xfce-14.1beta1.iso.torrent

Salix64 Xfce 14.1beta1 (64-bit, x86_64):
(size: 715MB, md5: 7289de679e257d9c98464199b06c51d9)
Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix64-xfce-14.1beta1.iso/download
Torrent:
http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.1/iso/salix64-xfce-14.1beta1.iso.torrent

Happy new year!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.1beta1

Ingemar Karlsson
Happy new year!

I just installed the 14.1beta1 in VirtualBox, automatic, full
installation, swedish language (sv_SE)
I then ran "Salix codecs installer" but i newer got the choice to select
codecs to install.
The Salix "codecs installer" ends with "All codec packages are already
installed."
I then ran it from cli and it says "No such package: celt".

celt is not in the repository (using
http://ftp.belnet.be/salixos.org/i486/14.1/ repository)

med vänliga hälsningar.
Ingemar Karlsson
[hidden email]
http://www.ingk.se

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013, Ingemar Karlsson wrote:

> Happy new year!
>
> I just installed the 14.1beta1 in VirtualBox, automatic, full
> installation, swedish language (sv_SE)
> I then ran "Salix codecs installer" but i newer got the choice to select
> codecs to install.
> The Salix "codecs installer" ends with "All codec packages are already
> installed."
> I then ran it from cli and it says "No such package: celt".
>
> celt is not in the repository (using
> http://ftp.belnet.be/salixos.org/i486/14.1/ repository)

Thank you very much for the report!

I have now added celt in the repos and also upgraded
salix-codecs-installer to version 1.2.2. Once the repos sync and you
upgrade to the new version please try again.

Re: [Salix-main] Salix Xfce 14.1beta1

Ingemar Karlsson
Just tested it, and it works.

med vänliga hälsningar.