[Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

George Vlahavas
Hi, I have uploaded isos for Salix MATE 14.1beta1. I haven't yet
"officially" announced it in the forums, I need to actually find time to
draft an announcement for that.

But you can already download it from sourceforge or using torrents. The
links are:

Salix MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (i686, 32-bit):
(size: 738 MB, md5: c1f204c1762f2d5f1d41ebd578270478)
Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
torrent:
http://slackware.org.uk/salix/i486/14.1/iso/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent

Salix64 MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (x86_64, 64-bit):
(size: 754 MB, md5: 7d7dd391c6faba5abeb745710075b208)
Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
torrent:
http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/14.1/iso/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent

These haven't been tested at all, but I'm really not expecting any major
problems. Any testing is of course welcome!

Have fun!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Sébastien
Great new!!! Thanks!

Le 2014-04-10 14:39, George Vlahavas a écrit :

> Hi, I have uploaded isos for Salix MATE 14.1beta1. I haven't yet
> "officially" announced it in the forums, I need to actually find time to
> draft an announcement for that.
>
> But you can already download it from sourceforge or using torrents. The
> links are:
>
> Salix MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (i686, 32-bit):
> (size: 738 MB, md5: c1f204c1762f2d5f1d41ebd578270478)
> Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
> torrent:
> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/i486/14.1/iso/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>
> Salix64 MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (x86_64, 64-bit):
> (size: 754 MB, md5: 7d7dd391c6faba5abeb745710075b208)
> Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
> torrent:
> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/14.1/iso/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>
> These haven't been tested at all, but I'm really not expecting any major
> problems. Any testing is of course welcome!
>
> Have fun!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Sébastien

Ok, i have install it on my laptop Lenovo sl510 for testing.  All the
install process was fine except lilo, i had to install it using mate
environement.  The mate desktop working fine.  Im a french canadian and
setting was easy to set as usual (french locale _ca).

The one thing that this beta have to get fix is when you chage
settings.  Usually it is the root password that is asked. With this
beta, user password is working to change setting.
For exemple:  system > administration > lilo setup...
The user password is required to make change.  Idem to go to Gslapt...
user password only.  So that is not normal, usually root password is asked.

Thanks for the great work on salix mate 14.1
Im using salix 13.37 mate (1.2.0) everyday and i like it very much.
Good and simple gnome 2!

Le 2014-04-10 14:39, George Vlahavas a écrit :

> Hi, I have uploaded isos for Salix MATE 14.1beta1. I haven't yet
> "officially" announced it in the forums, I need to actually find time to
> draft an announcement for that.
>
> But you can already download it from sourceforge or using torrents. The
> links are:
>
> Salix MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (i686, 32-bit):
> (size: 738 MB, md5: c1f204c1762f2d5f1d41ebd578270478)
> Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
> torrent:
> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/i486/14.1/iso/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>
> Salix64 MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (x86_64, 64-bit):
> (size: 754 MB, md5: 7d7dd391c6faba5abeb745710075b208)
> Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
> torrent:
> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/14.1/iso/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>
> These haven't been tested at all, but I'm really not expecting any major
> problems. Any testing is of course welcome!
>
> Have fun!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Tim Beech

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Sébastien wrote:

> Ok, i have install it on my laptop Lenovo sl510 for testing.  All the
> install process was fine except lilo, i had to install it using mate
> environement.  The mate desktop working fine.  Im a french canadian and
> setting was easy to set as usual (french locale _ca).

Thanks for testing! WHat went wrong with lilo in the installer?

> The one thing that this beta have to get fix is when you chage
> settings.  Usually it is the root password that is asked. With this
> beta, user password is working to change setting.
> For exemple:  system > administration > lilo setup...
> The user password is required to make change.  Idem to go to Gslapt...
> user password only.  So that is not normal, usually root password is asked.

Salix 14.1 now uses sudo (just like Ubuntu ;)) and root powers for GUI
tools work on the same principle. Please see the Salix Startup Guide for
more details.

> Thanks for the great work on salix mate 14.1
> Im using salix 13.37 mate (1.2.0) everyday and i like it very much.
> Good and simple gnome 2!
>

> Le 2014-04-10 14:39, George Vlahavas a écrit :
>> Hi, I have uploaded isos for Salix MATE 14.1beta1. I haven't yet
>> "officially" announced it in the forums, I need to actually find time to
>> draft an announcement for that.
>>
>> But you can already download it from sourceforge or using torrents. The
>> links are:
>>
>> Salix MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (i686, 32-bit):
>> (size: 738 MB, md5: c1f204c1762f2d5f1d41ebd578270478)
>> Sourceforge:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
>> torrent:
>> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/i486/14.1/iso/salix-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>>
>> Salix64 MATE 14.1beta1 DVD ISO (x86_64, 64-bit):
>> (size: 754 MB, md5: 7d7dd391c6faba5abeb745710075b208)
>> Sourceforge:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/files/14.1/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso/download
>> torrent:
>> http://slackware.org.uk/salix/x86_64/14.1/iso/salix64-mate-14.1beta1.iso.torrent
>>
>> These haven't been tested at all, but I'm really not expecting any major
>> problems. Any testing is of course welcome!
>>
>> Have fun!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Sébastien

I guess lilo didnt install in the setup process because my linux partition are on a exteded partition.  On my laptop, win is on a primary and a have a extended partiton for salix (leading to 1 swap, 1 salix, 1 home).  After install was finished, rebood is needed, it went direct to windows... I had to reboot with a slackware disk and enter:
hugesmp.s root=/dev/sda8 rdinit= ro
It went direct to my fresh salix install.  I used mate environment (system > administration > lilo setup... ) and lilo installed easely.  Everyting was fine.

Le 2014-04-26 05:21, tim.beech a écrit :

[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/ExoPlatform

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Akuna
I also had a problem with LILO installation which failed each time (I
tried 3 times)

in lilo.conf, liloconfig added a second partition on the line for the
Windows OS  (turned out to be the factory backup partition of my laptop).

Pierrick

Le 26/04/2014 11:21, tim.beech a écrit :

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Sébastien wrote:
>

>> Ok, i have install it on my laptop Lenovo sl510 for testing. All the
>> install process was fine except lilo, i had to install it using mate
>> environement.  The mate desktop working fine.  Im a french canadian and
>> setting was easy to set as usual (french locale _ca).
>>
> Thanks for testing! WHat went wrong with lilo in the installer?

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Akuna
Sorry... I forgot to mention that this happened with the final version.

Le 21/05/2014 07:47, Akuna a écrit :

> I also had a problem with LILO installation which failed each time (I
> tried 3 times)
>
> in lilo.conf, liloconfig added a second partition on the line for the
> Windows OS  (turned out to be the factory backup partition of my laptop).
>
> Pierrick
>
> Le 26/04/2014 11:21, tim.beech a écrit :
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Sébastien wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, i have install it on my laptop Lenovo sl510 for testing. All the
>>> install process was fine except lilo, i had to install it using mate
>>> environement.  The mate desktop working fine.  Im a french canadian and
>>> setting was easy to set as usual (french locale _ca).
>>>
>> Thanks for testing! WHat went wrong with lilo in the installer?

Re: [Salix-main] Salix MATE 14.1beta1

Akuna
Oops oops... I hijacked the wrong thread.

I was talking about the Xfce14.1 final version.

Sorry about that.

;)