Quantcast

[Salix-main] Salix 14.2 artwork

12

Re: [Salix-main] Salix 14.2 artwork

Richard Lapointe

They look great,  My vote would to used one of these as the default wallpaper for 14.2.  Can't decide which tough.

Rich Lapointe (laprjns)

On 05/20/2016 05:58 PM, Alejandro Simón wrote:

Hello.

New versions are in:

http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/blurry_blue_Salix3.png

http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_Wallpaper.png

Please, try them...

--- El 21/04/16 a las 10:10, George Vlahavas escribió: ---
Right. Also, the KDE taskbar is almost double the size of the Xfce taskbar by default, so we'll have to be ready for that too.

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Richard Lapointe wrote:

These look great.  One thing though, on the ones with the branding in the lower right hand corner, the brand needs to be move up higher.  I'm using Xfce with a single menu bar down at the bottom and the bar does slightly covers the brand. I have attached a screen shot. I believe that George suggested that the branding be move up high enough so that there could be a double menu bar without the brand being covers

On 04/20/2016 01:57 PM, George Vlahavas wrote:
I have to say these are very nice! Thank you! Now we have a few to choose from for 14.2.

And yes please, svg versions of the logos would be great.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Alejandro Simón wrote:

 Hi!
I thought it was time to create a text-logo to add to the leaf-logo.
View proposalsin:
http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/SalixLogo.png
http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/SalixLogo_Light.png

There are wallpaper thumbnails too:
http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/blurry_blue_Salix_mini.PNG http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/blurry_blue_Salix2_mini.PNG http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/Gray_Salix_mini.PNG
http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_logos/Red_Salix_mini.PNG

You can view and download normal size wallpapers(~10 MB each file) from:
http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes

If you like the proposed logos, I can send .svg versions.

Alejandro Simón
aleXimon

--- El 17/04/16 a las 11:10, Thorsten M. escribió: ---
Am 17.04.2016 13:03 schrieb George Vlahavas:
We can then shrink it to the size we want to include. Until now the
largest size we used was 1920x1200. Should we increase that size or is
it
OK? Do people generally have larger monitors than that?
IMHO the size should be increased. Nowadays 2560x1440 monitors start at
~250 € only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!

Re: [Salix-main] Salix 14.2 artwork

Cyrille Pontvieux-2

I like both. Great work

I prefer the colors of blurry_blue_Salix3.png but I really like the lines on Salix_Wallpaper.png

Cyrille

On 21/05/2016 17:24, Richard Lapointe wrote:
[...]

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks a lot again!

I had already updated our packages with new artwork, based on your ideas.
My main issue is that wallpapers will be stretched into different
dimensions with different aspect ratios, so text is more likely to seem
distorted.

So, the ones that are included right now in our packages are:

LILO: http://people.salixos.org/gapan/artwork/salix.bmp
GDM login screen: http://people.salixos.org/gapan/artwork/gdm.png
Desktop Wallpaper: http://people.salixos.org/gapan/artwork/BlurryBlue.png

For the main wallpaper, I ended up putting the logo in the center. That
way, whatever the user's setup is with toolbars or other widgets, it will
most probably never be in the way.

For GDM, the center is occupied by the username/password box, so the logo
is bottom right. The bottom left is occupied by the reboot/shutdown
buttons. The logo is a bit darker on purpose (the Desktop hasn't loaded
yet).

In both, I have stretched the logo a bit. The reason is that if the
wallpapers are squeezed into a 4:3 aspect ratio, the logo doesn't look
that good (in my opinion). Stretched looks OK to me and it looks OK if
it's then squeezed into 4:3.

So, are we OK with these ones, or should we switch to any of the other
creations of Alejandro? Opinions everyone?

I agree with everyone else that Salix_Wallpaper.png is very nice. Is the
background your own, or did you just add the logo? I think we're going to
keep BlurryBlue for 14.2 and use Salix_Wallpaper for the next release,
whenever that is.

On Fri, 20 May 2016, Alejandro Simón wrote:

> Hello.
>
> New versions are in:
>
> http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/blurry_blue_Salix3.png
>
> http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_Wallpaper.png
>
> Please, try them...
>

> --- El 21/04/16 a las 10:10, George Vlahavas escribió: ---
>> Right. Also, the KDE taskbar is almost double the size of the Xfce taskbar
>> by default, so we'll have to be ready for that too.
>>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Richard Lapointe wrote:
>>
>>> These look great.  One thing though, on the ones with the branding in the
>>> lower right hand corner, the brand needs to be move up higher.  I'm using
>>> Xfce with a single menu bar down at the bottom and the bar does slightly
>>> covers the brand. I have attached a screen shot. I believe that George
>>> suggested that the branding be move up high enough so that there could be
>>> a double menu bar without the brand being covers

Re: [Salix-main] Salix 14.2 artwork

George Vlahavas

On Tue, 24 May 2016, Alejandro Simón wrote:

> --- El 24/05/16 a las 08:50, George Vlahavas escribió: ---
>> Hi Alejandro,
>>
>> Thanks a lot again!
>>
>> I had already updated our packages with new artwork, based on your ideas.
>> My main issue is that wallpapers will be stretched into different
>> dimensions with different aspect ratios, so text is more likely to seem
>> distorted.
>>

>> I agree with everyone else that Salix_Wallpaper.png is very nice. Is the
>> background your own, or did you just add the logo?
> It's my own..
Great! Can we have one with just the background (no logo), so that we can
adapt for GDM etc? Also, what's the license?

Re: [Salix-main] Salix 14.2 artwork

Alejandro Simón

Hi, George!

Here is the .xcf (The GIMP) version of the wallpaper: http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_Wallpaper.xcf

The licence is the same as the logo (GPL). Please tell me when you donwload it, because I'm not have so much space in my free server.

Now I'm working in spanish translation of salix-installer.

On Fri, 27 May 2016, Alejandro Simón wrote:

> Hi, George!
>
> Here is the .xcf (The GIMP) version of the wallpaper:
> http://www.aleximon.com.ar/imagenes/Salix_Wallpaper.xcf

Downloaded. You can take it down now. Thank you very much!

> Now I'm working in spanish translation of salix-installer.

Ah, very good, thanks for that too! Which one are you working on exactly?
We have an es_CR translation at 56%. Actually, does it make sense for
spanish keep separate es_* translations instead of a unified es one? I
know there are differences between spanish as it is written in spain and
as it is written in latin america but I don't know if the differences are
really that significant. And if they are, are the various latin america
ones (es_AR, es_CR, es_MX etc) that much different between them too?

--- El 27/05/16 a las 15:57, George Vlahavas escribió: ---
Which one are you working on exactly? We have an es_CR translation at 56%. Actually, does it make sense for spanish keep separate es_* translations instead of a unified es one?
I used es_CR as a base translation, then I modified and completed it, with a neutral Spanish in mind, and with the intention that it be usable in most Spanish speaker countries.
Has no sense to have different translations.
I know there are differences between spanish as it is written in spain and as it is written in latin america but I don't know if the differences are really that significant. And if they are, are the various latin america ones (es_AR, es_CR, es_MX etc) that much different between them too?
There are not many differences in this type of texts. Anyway, I tried to avoid the Argentine Idioms.

I think it is valid for all es_*

On Sat, 28 May 2016, Alejandro Simón wrote:

> --- El 27/05/16 a las 15:57, George Vlahavas escribió: ---
>> Which one are you working on exactly? We have an es_CR translation at 56%.
>> Actually, does it make sense for spanish keep separate es_* translations
>> instead of a unified es one?
> I used es_CR as a base translation, then I modified and completed it, with a
> neutral Spanish in mind, and with the intention that it be usable in most
> Spanish speaker countries.
> Has no sense to have different translations.
>> I know there are differences between spanish as it is written in spain and
>> as it is written in latin america but I don't know if the differences are
>> really that significant. And if they are, are the various latin america
>> ones (es_AR, es_CR, es_MX etc) that much different between them too?
> There are not many differences in this type of texts. Anyway, I tried to
> avoid the Argentine Idioms.
>
> I think it is valid for all es_*
That's wonderful. Thanks!
12