Quantcast

[Salix-main] Pidgin, possibly missing depedency

[Salix-main] Pidgin, possibly missing depedency

modenas88
Hello,

Using pidgin, I have no sound on notifications/sound_events. I found (pidgin --debug) that requires "gst-plugins-good" package to play sounds properly; which I had not installed.
Is gst-plugins-good a Required for pidgin? Or Suggested maybe...
I' m coming from upgrade: 13.37 → 14.0 [Xfce 64-bit].

Best regards,
spirosg

Re: [Salix-main] Pidgin, possibly missing depedency

George Vlahavas
Right. Sounds don't play because it needs libgstwavparse.so which is
in gst-plugins-good. It's not a dependency because pidgin works even
without it, but I've added it as a suggestion.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM, modenas88 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using pidgin, I have no sound on notifications/sound_events. I found (pidgin
> --debug) that requires "gst-plugins-good" package to play sounds properly;
> which I had not installed.
> Is gst-plugins-good a Required for pidgin? Or Suggested maybe...
> I' m coming from upgrade: 13.37 → 14.0 [Xfce 64-bit].
>
> Best regards,
> spirosg

Re: [Salix-main] Pidgin, possibly missing depedency

modenas88
OK, "sounds" good :)
Yeah true; its not a run-dep.