[Salix-main] OpenAL package conflict

Genghis Khan
$ slapt-get --search openal

openal-soft-1.15.1-i486-1gv [inst=yes]: openal-soft (a cross-platform 3D audio API)

/usr/
/usr/bin/
/usr/bin/makehrtf
/usr/bin/openal-info

OpenAL-1.15.1-i486-1_SBo [inst=yes]: OpenAL (a cross-platform 3D audio API)

/usr/
/usr/bin/
/usr/bin/allatency
/usr/bin/alreverb
/usr/bin/alstream
/usr/bin/makehrtf
/usr/bin/openal-info

Re: [Salix-main] OpenAL package conflict

Didier Spaier

On 28/11/2014 14:42, Genghis Khan wrote:

> $ slapt-get --search openal
>
> openal-soft-1.15.1-i486-1gv [inst=yes]: openal-soft (a cross-platform 3D audio API)
>
> /usr/
> /usr/bin/
> /usr/bin/makehrtf
> /usr/bin/openal-info
>
> OpenAL-1.15.1-i486-1_SBo [inst=yes]: OpenAL (a cross-platform 3D audio API)
>
> /usr/
> /usr/bin/
> /usr/bin/allatency
> /usr/bin/alreverb
> /usr/bin/alstream
> /usr/bin/makehrtf
> /usr/bin/openal-info

I don't see a conflict here, as long as  the common parts are
identical in both packages (I didn't check but that should
be the case for identical upstream versions)

You'll find similar cases in Slackware.

For instance glibc-i18n's files are also shipped in glibc.

The Slackware package tools can handle that, e.g.
removepkg will only remove files not found in
another package.