Quantcast

[Salix-main] How to install the correct version of kernel-headers/kernel-source?

[Salix-main] How to install the correct version of kernel-headers/kernel-source?

Marcelo Montú
I've spend some hours and still couldn't figure out how to install the kernel-headers/kernel-source that matches the kernel version installed on my system (4.4.19).
It always defaults to the latest version (4.4.29).

Details:
I'm trying to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on a fresh installation of Salix64 Xfce 14.2 (downloaded from Salix Downloads).

It doesn't matters if the installation is basic or full, after I insert the guest additions image through the VirtualBox menu I always get the following message:
"The headers for the current running kernel were not found"

In previous versions of Salix issuing `slapt-get update` and  `slapt-get -i kernel-headers` was enough to solve this error.
But currently it downloads an incompatible version and the error message for guest additions remains the same.

Any ideas?

Re: [Salix-main] How to install the correct version of kernel-headers/kernel-source?

Marcelo Montú
anyone?