[Salix-main] BTRFS as root file system and the installer

[Salix-main] BTRFS as root file system and the installer

Thorsten M.
Hi,

on our 14.1 ISO it is possible to select btrfs as root file system. This
won't work with Lilo unless you are putting /boot on another partition
with e.g. ext3/4. There is no warning at all about this.

Thorsten

Re: [Salix-main] BTRFS as root file system and the installer

George Vlahavas
Right. We should put up a note somewhere. Not sure where yet.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, Thorsten M. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on our 14.1 ISO it is possible to select btrfs as root file system. This
> won't work with Lilo unless you are putting /boot on another partition
> with e.g. ext3/4. There is no warning at all about this.
>
> Thorsten

Re: [Salix-main] BTRFS as root file system and the installer

OK, I just added a note about this in the dialog that is used to select
the drive to partition (titled "PARTITIONS EDITOR"). I think it will do.